Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Art of Communication

I have spent the last two days in a class about how to communicate more effectively. I'm guessing my boss sent me there so that I could learn how to communicate without sounding so much like a bitch. Bad news for him. I am a bitch. Anyway, the class was actually somewhat informative, but like most classes that you go to, applying the techniques learned in the real world just somehow doesn't seem feasible. For instance, I work with the most negative person on the planet. She oozes negativity. Just to walk toward her end of the building is a dreadful walk. She is the most negative person ever. Nothing is ever right and it is also never her fault. The world hates her. Blah. I'm tired of her "feel sorry for me, I'm a single mother" bullshit. She has 2 kids with two different baby daddies. She has never been married. See, for me this is a choice SHE made. But somehow, the world is to blame. Anyway, I digress. I learned in my class how to address her negativity without being a bitch. Really, I want to tell her where to shove it. I don't know if I'll try what I learned. I don't know if it would do any good really. What I do know is that I am tired of her negativity. It radiates to me. And then I'm crappy. Ya'll, I'm a happy person. (I learned in my class that I am a relater, in case you were curious). I am almost always friendly and upbeat even if the world were crashing in around me. I'm just that type of person. So working with her, well it's a pain in the ass. Anyway I'm still deciding how to use my "training" to speak to her about her negativity. I'll let ya'll know what I find out.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I want to thank everyone again for their prayers regarding our friends JC's Mom & Dad and the discovery that C had a heart murmur. I previously stated that they wouldn't go to the pediatric cardiologist until the end of this month, but they lucked up and got an appointment this past Monday. Ya'll, he is FINE! He does have a very tiny (microscopic) whole in his heart. It is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Worse case scenario if it doesn't heal on it's on? He'll have to take antibiotics before going to the dentist (and if anyone can explain this, please tell me why?). Anyway, thanks again so much for your prayers!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Oh, and I obviously did not melt away in the Alabama heat at the birthday party this weekend. What I did do however, was spend so much time chasing my 3 year old around that NOT ONE picture was taken. I promise to do better in the future. I will try to get caught up on your blogs as soon as possible. As you can imagine after having been out for 2 days finding my desk under all the crap negative Nelly didn't do is quite the task. I've missed ya'll and I'll get to reading and find out what's going on with each of you soon!
Ok, the first time I tried to publish this, blogger the bitch said that there was a "broken pipe". WTF? Why does blogger suck so freaking bad? I am seriously considering a change over to wordpress. I'll let you know if I fly the coup.

2 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

Now you know how to effectively communicate to your boss that "you are a bitch" ;)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with you on Blogger! Sick. Of. It.

6/14/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

blogger has been a pain in the arse lately but all the others you have to pay for and i'd rather buy scrapping supplies...i am soooo glad for C that is great news...and he will have to take antibiotics before the dentist BECAUSE when you go to the dentist you are stirring up all sorts of germs and possible infection could be dangerous to the heart....

I am MD without a license girl...bwhahaha seriously that's why

6/14/2006 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home