Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Free For All

Welcome to my Friday Free for All. Kinda like yesterday, I've got several random (and probably pointless) thoughts running around in my head so this post is probably going nowhere.

So, thanks to a horrible cycle (damn you aunt flow) related migraine, I didn't get to watch the Matt Lauer interview with Britney on Dateline last night. Not to worry, I Tivo'd it. I don't know when I'll have a chance to watch it, but I will. I started watching it and then was knocked to the floor by the pain. I took a pain killer (nighty nighty) and went to bed. When I get these shit ass headaches (and they are always related to stupid auntie flow) I can do nothing but sleep them off with a little help from Mr. Narcotic. I also usually know when they are coming and wasn't surprised at all when she showed up last night. I had the signs, I knew it was coming so I had already turned on the TIVO when the show began. Of what I saw, well HELLO Britney's Boobs. She was busting out of her slightly too small top. DAMN woman has some boobs thanks to her babies! LOL. And, and I am seriously hoping that there was some sock eating monster that invaded his suitcase while on the plane from New York to LA and not that he thought this look was cool, but where were Matt Lauer's socks? He didn't have on any, and with jeans and the loafers he had on, well that was just not a look that he should have been going for. I actually kinda feel sorry for Britney, in a sick, train wreck sorta way. She does need to dump the Federline though, but only my opinion.

~~~~~~~
As for my weekend plans, well dang they just got busier. My mom, sister and I are going to visit a friend's grave in the morning, on the 2 year anniversary of the day that her life was tragically cut very short. This in itself is a whole nother post, and I will write on it one day as her bastard husband will go on trial beginning in 2 weeks for her death. Yes, she was a victim of domestic violence. The 2 year anniversary has snuck up on me. It doesn't seem like she has been gone that long. I actually thought of her the other day when there was a mouse in my house (and then the very next day an exterminator). I was freaking out about it and I know that she was smiling down on my laughing her ass off because once before she had to remove one from my house. She just picked it up by its tail and took it outside where she very calmly set it free. Let's just say my release of the mouse was not nearly as graceful as hers. I know she laughed when I threw the towel over it's little mousy body and then ran like hell out the door where I flung the mouse into the ditch. I'm sure all the poor mouse could say was "damn". I missed her so much on Tuesday as I captured the little mouse. In mentioning the story to my sister, she reminded me that the 2 year mark was approaching. We've bought our flowers and I've written my yearly letter, but I find myself missing her so much. She was a beautiful person and a wonderful mother. Her son now lives with his father (not the maniac who killed her) and I wonder everyday if he'll ever know just how special his mother was? He was just 2 years old when she was killed. I think of her often, and have a beautiful mural that she painted in the Ladybug's room. I'll try to remember to take a picture over the weekend and post it. I hope that we have built a new house by the time the Ladybug outgrows this mural, because I do not have the heart to paint over it. My only regret on the mural is that I never got her to come and sign her work. I always thought that I'd have plenty of time for that.
~~~~~~~
Sorry to have brought ya'll down with the part above. On a bright note, we are all set to go on our unplanned vacay! I am so excited. I wish we were leaving today, but the weekend will be here soon enough! I'm thrilled that the hubster and I will be getting away for some quality time. We need it!
~~~~~~~
If you have never read William's Poop and Boogies, then you are missing out. But I just wanted to give him and his wife a shout out, as they welcomed a new baby boy this week! Congrats Ya'll!
~~~~~~~
Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend.....I'll try to have some Biscuits Baseball pics for ya'll on Monday! Oh, and we've put off going to see Cars again. DAMN, I know that Alli beginning to think I am never going to take her to see this. I promised that we would go next Saturday and nothing is going to keep me from taking her then. I don't care what my MIL thinks we need to do, or what her daddy thinks we need to do or what anybody thinks we need to do, her and I are going to the movies. It's a date. I wrote it on her calendar this time, and she's crossing off each day until it is time, so we're going.
Happy Weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Greta Adams said...

aww man i am in tears....that is such a tragedy. My prayers ofr y ou and the family coming your way

I do read William and he is hysterical....that baby is sooo beautiful..

Have a great weekend girl

6/16/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My heart goes out for you and your friend. Super huge hugs honey!

I'm going to have to check
William out! Love me some good reads!

My kids went and saw Cars and loved it! Saw a Lightening McQueen car for kids to drive around in at Toys R Us today, $200! HOLY SHIT!!!!

Hope you have a great weekend. Do you ever get online at home?

6/16/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Alli's Mom said...

Thanks V & Greta, I feel the love!

V-I hardly ever get online at home, we live so far out that all we've got right now is dial up and the hassle just ain't worth it! So for now I'm a M-F blogger.....rumor has it that our satellite company should be offering dsl in the next couple of months....I'm so ready for it!

6/16/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home