Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wacky Wednesday

In celebration of summer's first day...........the Ladybug....too cool for school! (I took this this am in the car, she has on my old sunglasses because hers are "missing" (in other words, she lost them).


So, summer is here......well "officially" anyway. It's been in Alabama for the past month. Our weather guy said last night that we have already had 30 days where the temperature has soared above 90. Today's High? 98. Yesterdays High? 97. Tomorrows High? 98. Yeah, it's HOT here. I will have to say this though, and quietly I might add, that while yes, it is very HOT here it has not been quite as humid as normal. Shhh....don't say anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big Brother returns tonight. Woo-hoo. I heart this show. Tonight is the first night where they bring back 20 previous houseguests and we, America get to vote for the 12 that enter the house. Personally I'm rooting for Nakomis, Kaysar, and Will. They were great players. Am I the only one who is addicted to this show? 3 times a week. Wow! I don't subscribe to the 24 hour feed, well you know cause if I did I wouldn't do anything but watch it all the time and then I might get fired, so I do go to Morty's TV to read the recaps for those people who do watch 24/7. I always know what is going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, remember my previous post where I mentioned the unplanned vacay to the beach in a couple of weeks? Well get this, the hubster has decided that he wants to go somewhere in late September / early October to do some diving (he's a certified deep water diver, or something like that, I just don't quite share his *passion* for this). And I get to go. And it's going to be just us. We're trying to decide where to go. He found an awesome deal on a cruise to the Bahamas yesterday with Royal Carribbean. I've never been on a cruise. We've also looked at using a friends time share and possibly going to the Florida Keys or to Sanibel Island, Florida depending on flight rates. The cruise is something amazing like $238 a person. And that is a room with a real window, not a view of a wall. WOW. I'm thinking we will end up on the cruise. I am so excited. I am also officially on a diet. I can't take my fat ass somewhere this nice. Diet starts today. Must loose at least 15 pounds. Think I can do it? Any suggestions? Wow! Another vacay...and I really just cannot put into words how excited I am about this. It was all the hubsters idea and I am just thrilled. We haven't been on a trip like this since we got married. WOW!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

I forgot all about today being the first day of summer until I read your post! Thanks for the reminder, although here in SE Michigan today it is raining CATS AND DOGS! I got DRENCHED walking into work this morning....but at least its 85 degrees.

I'm so jealous about all your good deal vacations....we had a 7 day trip to Orlando planned for this Xmas and a weekend get away in August to celebrate our 5th anniversary and we just had to cancel them both. :(

6/21/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

damn i might have to look at that cruise as well....i lost all mine by weight watchers and if you start now you can lose 15-20 pounds by sept/oct...i lost about 5-6 pounds a month

6/21/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I WANNA COME ON THE CRUISE!!! I've never been on one before! Lucky girl! I'm also on WW but I also have PCOS which makes it VERY difficult for me to lose weight now. It's frustrating to say the least! I didn't know you were a BB fan! My best friend work for the casting of last years group and she was invited to Maggies wedding this past weekend, she invited me to go but lack of money meant I couldn't. She was married at Napa Valley in a vineyard. I wish I could have made it but she promised me we would go to Vegas sometime to visit her so all is not lost!

I wanna go on that cruise.....

6/21/2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home