Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One.Busy.Weekend.*


*otherwise titled...I.AM.EXHAUSTED.
So, this was a very very very busy weekend for me. Labor Day BBQ and Bama Football and the Ladybug turned 4. (damn, my baby is 4? WTF?)
Anyway, so the Tide didn't exactly "roll" this weekend, but a win is a win no matter how ugly it looked on the field. I'll take it. And the Tide is 1-0.

This is what Bryant Denny looks like on Game Day. A sea of crimson & white.
Bama players celebrating.
Bama's new QB, John Parker Wilson gets ready to pass. His debut as a starter had moments of greatness. I only expect good things from him.
So, Saturday was good. The Tide won. Sunday and Monday were, well, BUSY. I got about 10 hours of sleep between Saturday night and Sunday night. Last night, I was crashed out at 7:30. My feet hurt from being on them all weekend doing BBQ stuff. I'd have pictures if I hadn't of left my cord at home. (all pictures above, courtesy of the Montgomery Advertiser.) It was a lot of hard work, but it was fun. Before expenses we raised $25,000.00. We'll end up making about $18,000.00 that we can turn around into the community. It was a HUGE success. We were out of EVERYTHING (meat, stew, EVERYTHING) by 1:00 yesterday. We had a HUGE turnout. We have never run out of food that early. I worked my rear end off, but love doing things to help others. This was however officially my last BBQ. Joining the League is a 5 year committment, and October marks the end of my 5 years. I will continue to support them, just in a less active roll.
I know I've still got Ladybug b'day party pics to post and I'll get to them. We are heading to the beach on Thursday with the H's and their kids. Should be fun. I'm just looking forward to a little R & R.
I hope all ya'll had a great and safe Labor Day Holiday. If it is the "unofficial" end of summer, I sure wish the fall temperaturs would arrive soon! (yeah, sure....it's Alabama....we won't see fall until at least October!)
I'll try to get around and catch up with each of you soon......

3 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Labor Day weekend is always depressing for me. :(
It pretty much marks the end of the summer for us....unlike Alabama the fall temperatures have ALREADY started here...yuck!
I'm a summer girl!

9/05/2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fall temps started here like 2 weeks ago!

you had a busy weekend girl! Can't wait to see pics!

9/05/2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

I was at the game... have photos and will have more in the following days. The stadium was awesome!

Roll Tide roll!

9/06/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home