Wednesday, August 16, 2006

W.O.W.*

*Waste of Space Wednesday
Borrowing again from Kami....I give you another Waste of Space Wednesday. This week's recipient is the Montgomery County Public School system. They have lost not one, but two students this week as they got on buses to be taken home. One child was missing for over 2 hours. See that story here. There was not link to the other story, but both were on the news last night. How the HELL do you lose a child on a bus? As a parent, I would be going apeshit. Holy.Hell. Can you imagine?
~~~
My dad's cataract surgery went well yesterday. He says he can already see tons better and is constantly reading everything in sight as he has been having vision troubles for quite some time. Yay!
~~~
Because of Dad's cataract surgery yesterday I bowled for him in their league with my mom. We've taken the summer off from bowling but will return again next week for the winter. However, and this will mean nothing to you if you don't bowl, I picked up the 6,7,10 split last night. HOLY.SHIT. That would be the pin in the far left corner and the two pins in the far right corner. I bowl this shit often. I have never picked it up, until last night.
~~~
No change on my Grammy. We all agree that she is waiting on my aunt to be here on Friday. She asked yesterday 3 times while I was there (and it was a short visit) if it was Friday yet. Keep her in your prayers. And thanks so so much for all the kind words...I *heart* each of you. HUGE HUGS.
~~~
Oh, and a couple of people have asked about the Ladybug's b'day party invites. My mom actually came up with the saying so I guess she gets the goody bag. They turned out really cute. I'll have to take a pic and show them to you all, because all we have a work is a B & W scanner. Ya'll did have some good ideas though! Thanks!
~~~Happy Wednesday!~~~

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you know I love you.......and I cannot believe 2 students were lost!!!!! Happy to hear that your dad's surgery went well!!!

You and your grandma are in my thoughts. Love........

8/16/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

You're right I don't bowl so I have no clue what you're talking about.

Glad your dad's surgery was successful!

8/16/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

glad everything went right on your dad..still praying for grammy and i can't wait to see the invites...

8/16/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Great pick up on that split! I haven't bowled in ages and I am in no way good at it but I know that was one hellova shot!

Yeah on Dad being able to see! That is such a wonderful thing. I was amazed by my lasik - I can't believe that it took me so long to do it.

8/16/2006 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home