Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #3


Since everyone is wrapping up their summers and school is getting back in session and all the "fall" activities are kicking into high gear (football season begins in.....17 days!) I've decided to do this week's Thursday Thirteen on places I would like to go on vacation. These are of course, if money was no object and I could stay there....and spend money and experience everything. Hence, this is my fantasy vacation list:
1. Greece-I want to go here and see all the Greek ruins and go to Athens. I would have loved to have gone when the Olympics were there.
2. Hawaii-I'd like to spend at least 2 weeks laying on a beach here. And touring volcanoes and going to luaus and drinking umbrella drinks.
3. Paris-the City of Lights. The most romantic city on earth. I want to tour all the museums and visit the Eiffel Tower.
4. New York City-I've actually been here, but only for a weekend. And if money were no object I would want to go and shop and shop and shop. I've seen the Statue of Liberty and have visited the World Trade Center before September 11, 2001. I would like to see it now. To see how things have changed.
5. Beverly Hills-namely Rodeo Drive. Again to shop. And to star stalk.
6. Switzerland-I love to snow ski (though I am not very good at it) and would love to ski in the Alps. And eat Swiss Chocolate. And have money in a Swiss bank account.
7. Miami-with money. To lay on the beach and go club hopping at night. I'd have to stay in a mansion and have a nice boat. And rent a nice car. (see money has to be NO object.)
8. The French Riveria-to party with all the beautiful, rich people. And to see what all the fuss is about.
9. London-There is something about it that makes me want to go visit there. I'm not sure what as it appears that it rains there A LOT and I don't really like rain, but maybe it's all the history.
10. Australia-and this is not so that I can see the Wiggles. I want to go here for at least a month so that I can visit all aspects of the country. The city and the outback.
11. Jerusalem-without the war. I want to walk the streets where Jesus once stood. There is so much rich history here for believers, how can you not want to go there and see it for yourself?
12. Aspen, Colorado-I've been to Colorado before, but I would like to be able to be a ski bum here for a while.
13. Cozumel, Mexico-the only one on my list that has any hope of coming true anytime in the near future. We are actually going here next year (already made the first payment on the trip!) and here I will spend an absurd amount of time laying by the pool drinking umbrella drinks and basically just being lazy. This will be nice.
So, did ya play?

6 Comments:

Blogger Missi said...

Oh, those places sound so great!

I did go to Oahu in Hawaii when I was 12. Didn't really appreciate it then, like I would now.

Great list!

Thanks for visiting my real blog

http://queenbeeconfessions.typepad.com/queen_bee_confessions/

8/17/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

Ahhh Cozumel. I'm dreaming right now!

8/17/2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been to 2 on your list. But I like this list!!! Hey, maybe if we can find the time in March I can take you down to NYC so we can go to the WTC. Let me know!

8/17/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I've been to a few of those, there are some that I dont want to go to and some that I do.

thanks for stopping by the garden

http://lillyput.blogspot.com

8/17/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger K said...

A wonderful list! I want to go to all those places too! From your list, I have only been to Switzerland.. but I want to go back again! I also want to go to Jerusalem so badly... for two reasons, to visit friends and to walk the streets where Jesus once walked.

8/18/2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK I want to go to ALL of those places. I am helping my girlfriend earn a free trip to Mexico (and yeah she is taking ME) woohoo....

And another girlfriend and I have decided that next fall we are going to Australia - we just finally said we are gonna do it....woohoo! (now - lets see if any of these comes through....)

8/18/2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home