Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Some Mail Love & Beach Trip Pictures!

So, yesterday was a somber and quiet day. I chose not to post about anything other than my tribute so as to keep the day right. I hope that each of you had a moment to reflect on things that happened that day and where we are today. I was shocked to wake up and find out that there had been a terrorist attack on the US Embassy in Damascus this morning. Just a somber reminder of the world we live in.
Now, on to better and happier things. On Sunday night I went to the Post Office to check our mail box and lookie what I had in there, some mail love from my sweetie Veronica!

Lookie! Candles! Yay! I love candles. And seriously, I wish this was a scratch & sniff blog because they smell HEAVENLY. I've already been burning one. The smell is amazing. And lookie! A Dr. McDreamy tee. I love t-shirts! And check the sweet card. Veronica, you rock honey! Your beach goodies will be heading your way soon!
Now, on to pictures from our beach trip with the kiddos this weekend. We had a BLAST! The kids were worn out from all the swimming and playing and we ate like it might have been our last meal EVER. Seafood is just so so so much better at the beach.

This is J and his daddy. I love how I caught him mid throw.

Here's J & the Ladybug checking out the boats near the marina where we ate supper on Friday night. Ya'll I had some grilled shrimp here that was FABULOUS.

Saturday morning the weather was not so hot, so thank GAWD that the condo had an indoor pool. Here's J and the Ladybug in their cool goggles (or gaggles and J calls them) playing in the indoor pool. Their daddies had taken the morning off and were out playing golf, so thank goodness for the indoor pool or KT and I would have been going crazy trying to find a way to entertain these two! By lunchtime though, the sun was out and things were looking up (and their daddies were back from their golf outing!)

This is sweet little C. The water was a little chilly for him Saturday afternoon so he hung with his mom and I. He is such a sweetie!

Here's J and the Ladybug playing in the sand at Lulu's, which is owned by Jimmy Buffett's sister Lucy. The atmosphere at this place is amazing! They have a little band and a great beach area for the kiddies to play in while you are waiting to be seated, because it is ALWAYS crowded. We got there at 10:45 (they don't open til 11:00) and still had to wait. We ate here before heading home.

The Ladybug and her daddy playing in the pool.

Feeding the fish by where we ate dinner. They had these little things EVERYWHERE at the marina where you could pay a quarter and get some fish food. The kids loved it.

So I guess that was my last beach trip for the year. I'm always sad when I come home from the beach because I love it so much. I always forget that people actually live and work there.

So, what about ya'll? How was your weekend?

3 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

How sweet of Veronica.

Great pictures!
Looks like a fun time!

9/12/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Love the tossing in the air photo - hope you are getting that one in the ol scrapbook!!!

I am so close to the beach I can smell the salt air....I hope to actually SEE it this weekend

9/12/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those pics are so sweet!! Let's see a pic of Walter and his Aquaman after surgery goggles!

I miss the beach!! So bad!!

Chesney, your stuff is coming this week, if not you can kill me! i promise!

9/12/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home