Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Good News Is....

Well, we got some ok news about my grandmother. She went to the cancer doctor yesterday and they are going to do radiation on the tumor in her brain. The main reason is because as it grows it can create pressure on her brain and cause her to have a stroke. She is terrified of having a stroke, therefore her decision to undergo radiation to attempt to shrink the size of it. It's only 8 cm now, and the doctor is confident that the radiation will shrink it. It is the same type of cancer that is in her lungs and the largest tumor (the one the concentrated the radiation on) has shrunk since her round of radiation in the spring. She's attempting to fight it, which is something I really didn't think she would do. We're still realistic and realize that she will eventually succomb to this, but I am pleased to see her deciding to hang onto life (see...selfish me).
~~~
The hubs had his LASIK surgery yesterday and all went well. He has to wear these super cool goggles when he sleeps to avoid rubbing his eyes. I took a picture of them, but forgot to bring the camera to work with me today. I will get that picture up here soon, so that later he can kill me! When he woke up this morning he said he could already see better. I'm soooo jealous. I wish I could wake up in the morning and see......
~~~
Not much else going on, I still have to get girls weekend pictures up, but as I said forgot the camera again. I'll do that tommorrow.
~~~
Thanks so much to all of you for your sweet words after the post on my grandmother. It means so much to me!
~~~
Happy Wednesday!

3 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

So glad to hear good news about Grandma....I don't blame you one bit for being selfish. ;)

I'm jealous too, I'd love to get lasik surgery...I haven't been able to wake up and see in YEARS either!

7/26/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!

7/26/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

I am glad Grandma is doing whatever she can. =)

Happy Wednesday to you too!

7/26/2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home