Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Daughter, Television Star

For the fourth time in her short life, my daughter is going to be on television. This time it was a little more planned than just being caught on camera as the news did a story on the Christmas lights at the zoo or dancing on camera when they did a story about our town's annual City Fest celebration. This time she is a bona fide star. My cousin did a commercial for her store, and guess who she got to be in it (besides her own 2 boys of course)? You guessed it the Ladybug. She was a natural. She did exactly what they told her to do and was extremely proud of herself. I think she could have a future.


See, she's already tired of the paparazzi!

~~~

Sister Update: She is healing nicely and most of the swelling is going down, so she doesn't look quite as silly. She's finally seeing the humor in the situation.

~~~

Grandmother update: My grandmother had a bone scan done yesterday and the cancer has not spread to her bones. THANK GOD. The one tumor they were trying to shrink in her lung has shrunk some (after 3 weeks of radiation treatments) however she has developed a mass of pneumonia underneath this mass (which was a major concern all along). She is doing well and still has quite an appetite. The doctor gave her some more medicine for pain and to help with the persistent cough she has from the pneumonia. We're still going to lose her eventually as she still has Stage 4 lung cancer, but the good news for the time being is that it hasn't spread and that she's still fighting it pretty hard. In January when she was diagnosed the doctors gave us 3-6 months. We're at 7 months now. On Tuesday he said she was doing well and gave another 3-6 month timeline. I just pray that she keeps fighting.

~~~

Also read on Veronica's blog that she was doing well after her surgery too!

~~~

I have some new pages up over on my scrappin site!

5 Comments:

Blogger Greta Adams said...

yeah the paparazzi sucks...lmao.....she is such a cutie...glad for grams...

i can't wait to see the pics of V that is going to be awesome...i love all the gory stuff...heheheh

7/13/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

A star in the making - woohoo!

My favorite hairdresser in NC has a daughter that has done several magazine covers and print ads...way cool!

New scrap pages? Ohh I have to check them out - Mommy K and I are doing some serious scrapping while she is here - I will post them on my scrap page when we are all done.

7/13/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting!!! I love those paint your own pottery places...perfect to make gifts or just fun pieces for yourself!

7/13/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

She could give some of the celebs some tips. *see Paris Hilton*

7/14/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you! Getting a chance to stop on in! Ladybug is such a cutie pie!!! I'll check those scrap pages out, I'm hoping to work on some myself once my body lets me!!!!

Thank youfor your thoughts sweetie pie, I've missed you!!!!!!

7/14/2006 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home