Monday, July 10, 2006

How I Spent My Weekend

As most of you know, I went to the beach this weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. They hubster also went. We got down Friday night around 8:30 and then went to Pineapple Willey's for some dinner and drinks. We had a great time and then headed back to the condo where we went to bed because all of us were tired after having worked all day.
Saturday we hung out at the beach ALL DAY and had a great time. We stayed hydrated (or so we thought) by chugging lots of water in between our beer. I did have one umbrella drink for you Greta. Here is the only shot I took ont he beach the whole day. This is me and my sister and is a self portrait. I guess I could have taken the shades off!



We came in a got dressed and went to Hooters. We wanted to sit outside, eat some wings and drink some beer. Plus some guys were fighting on PPV and they guys thought they could watch it there. My sister had other plans. Before I get to that story here's some shots of us at Hooters. This is me and the hubster.....

Me & my sister...... (I look much reader in this picture than I actually got, not too mention my face looks ghostly white!)

And here's my sister and her boyfriend, I'm not sure why he's sticking his toungue out.


So that's all the pics I took. Before the evening took a turn for the just plain weird. After eating my sister started feeling weird. At first we thought it was something she ate, but since we all ate wings and we were all fine, we decided it had to be something else. She said she had to go to the potty so her and I went inside. We only made it in the door before she FAINTED. In HOOTERS. OMG. I about had a hissy. I was so worried. Turns out she was dehydrated. They called the paramedics who came and checked her out. She had hit her lip when she fell so they thought we might want to have her checked out at the local hospital. Note: If you are ever in Panama City Beach, Florida and you hav to go to a hospital and you have a choice (as in your are not dying or unconciuos) DO NOT GO TO Bay Medical Center. They suck. When we arrived they were not very crowded so we took this as a good sign. Yeah, um WHATEVER. They called her back rather quickly, yet another good sign. Then they sat her in a room and FORGOT ABOUT HER for 4 hours. It wasn't until she decided to sign herself out against medical advice (she had to sign a freaking book) that a doctor finally paid attention to her. And then only to tell her that because the cut was in the inside of her mouth and wasn't a gaping whole that he couldn't put stitches in it anyway. WTF? Why could they not have told us that when they put her in the room? Or why not when the triage nurse examined her? Seriously. We found out later that the normal wait time for this ER is 9 hours. Thank God we left. She's fine minus a swollen upper lip and a majorly bruised ego after fainting Hooters. We're supposed to go back to the beach in 2 weeks and she's wondering if the Hooter's people will remember her. How could they not remember the girl who passed out in Hooters? Big shout out to them though, they were awesome (except one would have thought they might have comped our meal but yeah, no) and took very good care of her until the paramedics arrived. Our waitress Britany was AWESOME!

Minus the little trip to the ER, it was an awesome weekend and we had a great time. Once we realized that goofball was fine, it was actually quite a funny story!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

ER treips are never fun. But hooters is always a treat if ya don't faint! MMMM wings, sorry you missed the yummy food I'd rick going back too!

7/10/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

WHOA!! What a way to spend your beach getaway! Glad she's alright tho!

Good pictures!!

Can I go too in two weeks? ;)

7/10/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

self portraits are a must...just ask me and elizabeth,...it's a ritual and i am so glad you had a drink with an umbrella....bet ya thought of me when you got it to huh? sicko--thinking of me on vacation...bwhahahahaha

glad your sis is ok...they won't remember her and hey if they do maybe she can get some free wings or something...lol

7/10/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Send you some more hugs girlie! And those pics look sooooooooo nice, wish I was there! (havin' a daquiri!!!!) Hope Split Lip feels better!

PS Thank you for calling me, I'm just sorry I didn't have my phone on!!! :(

7/10/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home