Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Bitch is Back!

Did ya miss me? I missed ya'll! I was having blog withdrawals this weekend, but since I was pirating my dad's America Online and he went and switched to DSL through Bellsouth, I no longer have internet access at the hacienda. Will work on that soon, especially after the weekend I just spend with no access to my daily blog addictions whatsoever. It was however, quite liberating! We had a great weekend and I took lots of pictures and then promptly left my camera at home this am. Man, I did not want to go back to work! On the bright side, it's a 3 day work week and I'm headed to the beach this weekend!
Some news of note though. Due to the following money reasons:
1. Our TV in the den is FRIED, and CANNOT be repaired (or so says the Sears repairman that made we weight 6 hours on his ass on Monday) therefore we must by a new one (because I am tired of sharing the TV remote with the husband, we so don't watch the same things);
2. We had to redo our back porch because my fat ass fell through one of the boards (SHUT THE HELL UP right now, because I know all of you are laughing your asses off) therefore we had to shell out money. Note: our house is 110 years old and I think the wood on the porch might have been that old as well. There has been a slight crack in this board for quite sometime and on Friday night it gave way under my ass. NICE.
3. To avoid having to charge our newly paid of credit cards back to the max....
The wonderful, heavenly vacation has been put on hold. We're gonna save our moolah and instead pay on it for a year. We'll go next summer. Yeah, I am dissapointed, but however am very proud of us for not just charging the shit and going anyway. We have worked very very very hard to get out of our mountain of debt and I am proud of us for making such a smart financial decision. Any extra cash we had is not going to the above mentioned shit. We are still going to take a romantic getaway, just to the Gulf of Mexico as opposed to Mexico.
We did do some work on our deck, see when we built it the hubster only put treated wood on the bottom, therefore the sides (railings and ballisters) were rotten. So this weekend he pulled off the old sides, complete with hitting our spicket and spewing water all over the yard causing him to have to temporarily cut off the water to our house, and got most of it put back up. He had the most precious little helper. I got some great pics, but as I said, left the camera at home today. I did end up with my "me" day on Monday as he took the Ladybug to work with him. He only had to pull a 1/2 day so she went along. I hear they had a fantastic time. When we weren't tearing up shit at our house, we were at the pool. We had a lovely 4th and I hated to have to return to work today.
I hope all of you had a great 4th. I will get caught up with each of you in due time. My desk is a dissaster and I'm just trying to pull my way out of it. In the meantime I leave you with this....

WTF?

3 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

I didn't laugh about you falling through the back porch, really I didn't *snicker*

So glad you got your "ME" day!! What a sweet guy you have!

GOOD FOR YOU on your financial decisions!! I know how hard it must've been not to just charge it all, we've been in the same situation....too many times!! We too are working hard to get out of debt but still have a ways to go and with recent gas prices I feel like we're just treading water.

have a good short week!! :)

7/05/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't laugh either when I read about your fall, I did however laugh when you made me think of the time i was preggo with Ryan and sat down on my vanity chair and then promptly fell flat on my arse because the metal legs buckled on it....yep, my vanity now is wooden, solid oak, the kicker is I weighed less than I do NOW! GEESH!

We just brought all of our credit cards back to maxed out since I'm not working and going to school, so I will be using part of my student loan to help that situation....damn it all to hell, I can't wait until I'm done with school and get a job.

I'm sorry you can't do your trip right now.....you and hubs could always drive up here! My gramma has a pond he could dive in!

I had a dream the other night I took a road trip, just me, myslef and I and drove on down to see you so we could go to that unclaimed baggage place.........now I want to! LOL!!!

MISSED YOU TONS!!!!

7/05/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

oh shit girl how disappointing but hey when it rains it pours right....girl you falling through the porch is some funny ass shit....lmao...missed ya girl

7/05/2006 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home