Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Birthday Party

This weekend we had my nephew B's birthday party. And actually, he's not my nephew. His mom and I are first cousins. She is, as is her husband, an only child. So, I'm the closest to a sister she's got, and therefore her children are my "nephews". I cannot believe that B is 9. Today is his actually birthday. He was born shortly after the hubster and I started dating, which means we have also been together for 9 years. (ok, so I deserve a medal for putting up with his shit for 9 years!) Anyway, we went to my aunts house (B's grandma) for some swimming and cake and ice cream. We did get some swimming in before the afternoon thunderstorm set in (and camped out for like 3 hours.....we got over 3 inches of much needed rain at my house). Here's the pics:

This is my cousin Lora (B's mom), B, and my Aunt Cathy (B's Grandma) getting ready to blow out the candles on the fabulous Bruster's ice cream cake. This thing was delicicious (and so not on my diet! I did only have a small piece V, bet that was my daily point allowance though!)

This is JW in the pool. His mom is the one I referred to in this post. He is the cutest kid (ok, boy kid because mine is the cutest kid)!
B, Lora and the Ladybug...
The ladybug explaining something imporant to her daddy

B and the $10,000 chocolate bar my sister gave him. It was from Chocodelphia and was YUMMY! (again V, just a small taste!...LOL)

JW & the Ladybug....

The ladybug and her daddy. (she's not getting in trouble, though it really looks like it)

JW & the ladybug AGAIN!


Whew, another busy weekend in the books. I swear, we need to slow down and enjoy one once in a while! We did go see Cars and it was awesome. Aside from the creepy 30 something man that was sitting at the end of our row without a kid with him. Anyone else find that creepy? The movie was great though and the Ladybug loved it. She was quick to point out that "Junor" had a cameo in it (well, she didn't call it a cameo, she doesn't know what a cameo is). I also found out on Friday that my office is going to be closed the 3rd & 4th of July. SWEET. A 3 day work week before we head to the beach!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

my pc has been cookie all weekend! Sorry I didn't get to comment until now! Good girl for only taking a "taste" of the chocolate. LOL!!!

6/26/2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

KOOKY, not cookie!! Can you tell where my mind is!?!

6/26/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Looks like a fun party!!

I want to see Cars sooo bad...I can't decide if my son is too young for it or not.

The companies my husband and I work for are also closed on both the 3rd & 4th...What's better than a 4 day weekend preceding a 3 day work week and then....the weekend again!

6/26/2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger Alli's Mom said...

Veronica-I was wondering where you had been! Crazy computers.

Chesney-He might be a little small. It is almost 2 hours long, but so cute! You might be best waiting until DVD.....it's worth it though...AWESOME movie!

6/27/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home