Thursday, June 29, 2006

Confessions

So, I have a couple of confessions to make:
1. I ate Mexican food yesterday for lunch. This totally did away with how good I was on Tuesday night when a friend and I went to Applebees and I actually ate of the Weight Watchers menu. I had the Tango Chicken sandwich (7 points). I watched as my friend ate a great looking bacon cheeseburger but was so proud of my willpower. Then I had mexican food. I felt wretched afterwards, mainly because I knew better. But see, I'm a sucker for mexican food. I love it. It is a wonder the Ladybug didn't come out a giant cheese enchilada because I ate so many when I was preggers with her.
2. I bought ANOTHER dang pair of flip flops yesterday. This is pair number four for the summer. I seriously have a problem.
What about ya'll? Anything you need to get off of your chest?
~~~
I uploaded some more scrapbook pages here. I've been working on some more pages, but not with the same fever I worked on them before. See, I must have to be pissed in order to get so much accomplished.
~~~
Our local country station is beginning a special countdown today for the holiday weekend. They are counting down the top 1000 country songs. In order to compile this list, they sent out surveys to people in their listening audience who registered with them on their website. Of course, I had to register. We were asked to list our 10 favorite country songs of ALL TIME. Seriously? Just 10? Anyway, here's my list just in case any of you actually, um yeah, CARE.
1. The Dance by Garth Brooks (all time FAVORITE song EVER)
2. Don't Close Your Eyes by Keith Whitley (ya'll I LOVE this song)
3. Moon over Georgia by Shenandoah
4. Courtesy of the Red White & Blue by Toby Keith (LOVE HIM!)
5. I was Country by Barbara Mandrell
6. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynard (yeah, not so sure this is actually COUNTRY, but since I live in Alabama and am a Crimson Tide fan I had to include this on my list, that and they do play it on this radio station)
7. Whiskey Girl by Toby Keith (did I say I love him?)
8. When the Sun goes Down by Kenny Chesney (DUH)
9. Lay you Down by Conway Twitty (such a legend)
10. My Home's in Alabama by Alabama (yeah, obvious reasons here)
So here's my question to you. What are you top 10 songs (don't have to be country, don't have to be all one genre). Just 10. See, it's hard.
and yeah, I was gonna do all those links, but shit, I don't have the patience.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is so funny you said Sweet Home Alabama, I was looking for a music video code for that literally a half hour ago!!! NO LIE!

OK, my top to songs

1. I love this bar Tobey Keith
2. My give a damns busted Jo Dee Messina
3. Sweet Home Alabama Lynrd Skynrd
4. Polyamorus by Breaking Benjamin
5. I keep looking Sara Evans
6. Born to Fly Sara Evans
7. Spit on a Stranger by Nickle Creek
8. Lighthouse Tale by Nickle Creek
9. American girl by Phil Vassar
10. She Couldn't Change Me Montgomery Gentry

See, I don't know what it is with me but summertime brings out the country song lover in me!!!!!!!

Shit gotta go get my nails filled, I'm gonna post another comment when I get back!

Love ya MUAH

6/29/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

I bought a new pair of flip flops yesterday TOO!!! At target....for ONE dollar!! A white pair and they're too cute! I tried them on when I got home and can I just say they are the most comfortable pair of flip flop. I think I'm gonna go back and get two more pair today (in red and in blue)...for a $2, how can I not???

*****

The country station here is doing something very similar...they're counting down the top 500 country songs, they're calling it "The Firecracker 500"

My top 10 favorite songs? Yeah RIGHT!!! Like I only have 10?!
I'll give it a whirl...

#1 instead of naming all of Kenny Chesney's songs just know that every single song he's every record is my favorite....I can't just pick one! :)

#2 Unanswered Prayers ~ Garth Brooks

#3 When I Get Where I'm Going ~ Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton

#4 Somebody Like You ~ Keith Urban

#5 Ring of Fire ~ Johnny Cash

#6 Ride Horse, Save a Cowboy ~ Big & Rich

#7 Heads Carolina, Tails California ~ Jo Dee Messina

#8 Any Man of Mine ~ Shania Twain

#9 This Kiss ~ Faith Hill

#10 Yee Haw ~ Jake Owen (okay, so I know this is a brand new song....but I just LOVE it!!!)

6/29/2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

i like all the booty shakin music....like some country but not a big fan.....i have alot to get off my chest it's just a matter of putting it into words...

have a great one

6/29/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

What a great list of songs...I don't know that I could pick only 10 - it would really be hard.

6/29/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

hmm...top 10? these are prolly a few in the top gazillion.

1. volcano-damien rice
2. raven-dave matthews
3. no more mr. nice guy-alice cooper
4. blessed-elton john
5. addicted-kelly clarkson
6. i love you-sarah mclaughlin
7. cheers darlin'-damien rice
8. i write sins not tragidies-panic at the disco
9. break down-tom petty
10. rainy days and mondays-the carpenters

i could go on and on, but you did say 10 ;)

6/29/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Cricky said...

Isn't it illegal not to buy flip flops at least once a payday...thank Gawd that's twice a month.....

Top 10---

1. The Dance - Garth
2. Amarillio by Morning - George Strait
3. Bad Goodbye - Clint Black & Lisa(?)
4. That's Why I'm Here - Kenny Chesney
5. HillBilly Shoes - Montgomery Gentry
6. Killin' Time - Clint Black
7. BabyGirl - Sugarland
8. Kiss an Angel Good Morning - Charley Pride
9. The Corvette Song - George Jones
10. Boy Named Sue -Johnny Cash

7/05/2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home