Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen!

(I tried loading one of the cutsie little Thursday Thirteen logos here, but Blogger sucks and it wouldn't load.....crap!)
Ok, so this week after reading several the blogs of several Thursday Thirteen participants, I've finally decided to join the fun. So what to do for that very first all important Thursday Thirteen? Why a list of Manic Mommy's Top 13 movies that I could watch over and over and over again. Enjoy!
1. The Notebook-I loved the book and I loved the movie. The hubster (who occasionally can be romantic) gave it to me for Valentine's Day this year. He has however, never actually watched the entire movie with me. Neverthemind. It is the best movie ever.
2. Shag-If you have never seen this movie, then you are missing out. It's the story of 4 girls who just graduated from high school who head to Myrtle Beach for one last fling before they head to college and one of them gets married. It's a story of friendship and love. I love this movie, plus the guy who plays Buzz is hot.
3. The American President-Everytime this movie is on regular TV I have to watch it. I own the DVD but I swear there is just something about it. "My name is Andrew Sheppard and I AM the President".
4. Walk the Line-I am a huge Reese Witherspoon fan, and her portrayal of June Carter Cash is so awesome. Hello, she didn't win an Oscar for nothin!
5. Sling Blade-Not real sure why I love this movie, but I do. Must be the frenched fried potaters with mustard.
6. Finding Nemo-Well see I have this 3 year old that lives in my house, and this happens to be her favorite movie as well. I could watch this movie over and over again.
7. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days-Well for starters Mr. Matthew is in this movie, but besides the obvious, this is just an awesome "Chick Flick". I love it. Kate Hudson is so hilarious in it.
8. Sweet Home Alabama-as previously mentioned I am a huge Reese Witherspoon fan. And Dr. McDreamy is in it. And they don't have any clue what life in rural Alabama is really like (well I mean there are some people who are actually like her father & mother, but most of us are not quite that "southern"). It's fun to laugh at the stereotypes they come up with for people from Alabama. Seriously, we aren't all that dumb!
9. Legally Blonde-Reese again. And while I like (and own) both of the Legally Blonde movies, the first one is my favorite and the one I can watch over and over.
10. The Wizard of Oz-I love this movie. Always have. My sister gave me the DVD for my birthday a couple of years back.
11. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory-the original, not the weird, dark version Johnny Depp played in a couple of years back. I always wanted to go play in that candy garden and drink from the chocolate river.
12. Danielle Steele's Changes-yeah this is a made for TV movie based on one of her sappy novels, but for some reason I just love the movie. Maybe it's Cheryl Ladd. Or maybe it's Dr. H. Or maybe it's that I just like a good old fashioned happy ending. I don't know. I found it on DVD once and quickly snapped it up.
and finally. . . . . . . . .
13. Where the Heart Is-I love this movie. Incidentally it was also a book. Both are great. Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd are in it. As is Stockard Channing (well hello Rizzo). Such a great "down on her luck" story.
So, did ya play?

9 Comments:

Blogger Missi said...

Oh my, I think Shag is the ONLY one I haven't heard of!!! I totally LOVE all of those and have watched them over and over and over. And yes, even the lifetime one! I even read the book! I am a total Reese fan too!

Thanks for visiting today!

actual blog is at typepad not blogger, but it is making me put blogger addy. LOL So,I am putting my old one! This is my real one:
http://queenbeeconfessions.typepad.com/queen_bee_confessions/

8/03/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't seen or heard of Shag either! I'm gonna have to look into this.....

And I'll try this a bit later. I have to complete 2 labs for my class. I'm done next Thursday.....oh I cannot wait!!!!!

8/03/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

I love Reese, too, and I'm so glad she won the Oscar!
I liked most of your list, with the exception of #12. Thanks for sharing your picks!

8/03/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Great list!
I've never heard of Shag either but it sounds so good! I'll have to check into it.

I JUST got the 'Walk the Line' DVD on Saturday...my brother got it for me for my birthday! LOVE this movie!!! LOVE.

Wizard of Oz and Where the Heart Is would be on my list too.

A few others that would be on MY list are
Grease
Forrest Gump
Good Will Hunting

8/03/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

where the heart is ..is a great movie...i watch it from time to time...i have it on dvd...that's just one of those that you don't get sick of....

8/03/2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Welcome to the T13 madness! I LOVE Shag! I can't believe anyone else actually knows of it! I too think Reese is such a good actress. Wizard of Oz & Willy Wonka...my classic favourites!

Stop by my TT!!

8/03/2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Love EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! Haven't seen Shag in ages - I was just thinking about that movie the other day....no joke....I always end up singing 60 minute man after I see it LOL

Oh yeah - blogger wouldn't let me do a banner this morning either....

8/03/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

Great list--now you've got me curious, I'll have to rent Shag!

8/03/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Wooooooooohoooooooo and Welcome!
Great list!
Thanks for the visit at my place.

8/04/2006 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home