Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Priorities

Well, I no longer have a job. This is not a good thing actually. I'm hoping that it will turn into a good thing, in that the thing that I am supposed to be doing in life will come to me. However, right now, my ex-boss and I agree that my priorities are not what he thinks they should be. In other words, I don't put my job first. I was given 2 weeks pay, consider it a two week notice you didn't work out he said, and today was my last morning. The end. So, here's my dilema. Where do I go from here? I have to work. I have to have a job. We cannot afford to live on my husband's salary alone. For some reason though, I just feel like things are going to work out. I feel like this is what was supposed to happen and that we are going to be ok. Is that strange? I'm not as upset about it as I think I ought to be. I actually have a crazy peace about everything. I'm guessing that in the end things will work out for me.

So, I probably won't be posting for a bit, as I go out and pound the pavement, looking for that job that is "me". Pray for me. Pray for my family.

9 Comments:

Blogger chesneygirl said...

OH MY GOSH!!! T, I am SOOO sorry!
I had no idea?!?! Was this is a surprise for you? Cause you kinda seem like you're not surprised.

But I KNOW things will work out for you. Everything happens for a reason.

Best of luck to you in finding something new.
I will definitely be praying for you.
HUGS!!!

9/19/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Alli's Mom said...

Well, Chesney...we've had the "priority" discussion before, but yeah it was kinda a surprise, as in I thought we had agreed to disagree. That's why I'm not sure where the calm comes from, but I already have an interview...so here's to hoping!

9/19/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

oh man...girl..i cannot believe it...you'll find something better

9/19/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HOLY SHIT!!! I had NO IDEA!!!!! Oh man!! Call me.....CALL ME!!!

9/19/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

You know, I have been in your shoes and I have had that peace. And if those things had not happened way back when -I wouldn't be where I am now (wait....that would be Minnefreaksota...wrong thing...) I mean with a great job, and a great company and working from HOME!!

Hope the interview goes well....

9/20/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I'm sorry about this.

I've been downsized twice (I work in the financial services industry). The first time was devastating. But I believe that things happen for a reason and this will allow you to do whatever it is you are supposed to be doing.

9/20/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That really sucks! Bosses always prefer that employees neglect their families. Jerks.

I hope you find another job soon! (Hopefully a much better paying one, too!)

9/22/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but it's wonderful that you have such a peace about it. I'm sure everything will work out great for you and hopefully you can find a job that you are truly happy with. Good luck!

9/25/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just stopping by to check on you. How is the job hunt going?

9/27/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home