Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bunch O' Stuff

Happy Thursday Everyone! One more day til the weekend. Ours is chock full as usual. One day I'm gonna find time for a break, but I just can't seem to fit one into my busy schedule. I promised the Ladybug that we'd go see the movie Cars on Saturday so we are going to the 4:30 matinee. I just don't see having to pay full price for a movie, even one for the Ladybug. Sunday is my nephew's 9th birthday party. I cannot believe that he is 9 years old already! Seems like just yesterday when he was born. He decided that he really wants to go deep sea fishing for his birthday, so his parents are taking him to do that later in July. So Sunday is a family only swim party and get together. Should be lots o' fun!
~~~~~~
Ok, onto Big Brother last night, America's Choice. Turns out America only votes in 6 (3 men and 3 women) of the houseguests. The remaining 6 must have to do some sort of challenge to get into the house, though Julie Chen kept this information secret last night. I was excited to see who might be returning. Some of my all time favorite players: Will, Nakomis, Howie.....I was thrilled. Must go to cbs.com to vote today. Last night was simply a teaser as the real show doesn't begin until July 8. Oh well, I'll actually be at the beach that weekend, so I'll be Tivo'ing it so that I can see what went on when I get back! I'm telling ya'll, I am so addicted to this show!
~~~~~~
The hubs and I talked last night and we decided on the cruise! I am so freaking excited! We leave on the 22nd of September! That is 3 months from today! woo-hoo! He gets to dive and I get to soak up the sun and drink drinks with umbrellas in them. We got a hurricane policy so should the weather decide to impede on our fun, we'll get vouchers for a future cruise. I'm glad we have some sort of "back up" plan, as you can never tell with Mother Nature. Though personally, I think we deserve a break in the crazy hurricane season. Keep your fingers crossed (not only for us, that we may enjoy our cruise, but for everyone else that would suffer much more than me not getting to go on my cruise) that nothing major occurs before, during or after our trip. I don't think I want to be stuck in the Bahamas when a hurricane hits! I am, to say the least, thrilled! I still cannot believe that he suggested this. He actually said he thought about surprising me with it, but decided it best to just let me help decide where and when we go. How sweet of him! I know that he can sometimes be an ass, but ya'll I love him so much and every now and then, he reminds me why I love him so much! He has put so much into this trip and I am so excited about it. He didn't even bill it as "I get to dive and you get to tag along". He made the trip all about us, and then asked if maybe he could dive while we were down there. Diving is actually the reason that we decided on the cruise as opposed to flying somewhere because it is a short trip and something about you can't dive and fly within a certain time frame or you'll get the bends. And the bends are, well, BAD.
~~~~~~
So, because of the trip the diet has started. I have an appointment with Weight Watchers on Saturday, but today I am just eating better. I brought my lunch (hello Lean Cuisine) and some better snacks (as opposed to my chips). I hope to be down at least 15 pounds by the time our trip rolls around. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAHOOO!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!

Hey, let's do daily emails thru the week for WW to help us along since I'm doing it as well. Good lucky girl!

6/22/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

weight watchers is the way to go girl...worked for meeee.....you can definitly lose at least 15 pounds by then..stay focused!!!

6/22/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Good luck, and have fun on your cruise!!

Cars is great. We loved it. Now, if only I could find the damn diecast cars for my kid to play with...

6/22/2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Smart thinking on the hurrican insurance!!

15 pounds?....piece of cake..er...I mean piece of fruit! You can do it girl...if I did I can lose 13 pounds in 12 weeks you surely can too!! I know a bunch of people that have been very successful with weight watchers. I did it the old fashion way...counting calories and fat grams. Also, lots and lots of cardio workouts...as much as you can whenever you can!

6/23/2006 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home