Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The First Day of School!

Well, the Ladybug and I both survived her first day at preschool. She had a blast! She talked non stop last night about all the fun she had and how much she loved her new school. Her teacher told me that it was one of the best first days of school she had ever had, that the class just "gelled" well together. There are 8 kids in her class (OMG...I LOVE this) and get this, there are 7 girls and one poor little boy! Her teacher did tell me that she thought they were going to get a new student, and that it would be a boy. The cap on the class is 10 though. So they can only get 2 more students. How nice is that? You know what else I love about this school (besides the fact that it is like right at 300 students TOTAL in K3-12)? I love that they start each day with the Pledge of Allegiance, being sure to remember the "Under GOD" part and also have a bible verse that they learn each week, because they start each day with a devotion. I am a firm believer that more prayer in schools is the best thing for our children. Hence, one of several reasons why the hubster and I decided to pay for our child's education, rather than take advantage of the free public school system. I have several friends t hat teach in the school system here, and I know that our area has an excellent public school system. But sometimes, you get what you pay for.
Anyway...(stepping off of my soap box now) here are the pics from the Ladybug's first day of preschool........
Here is the Ladybug and "C", who was also in her class at daycare. I love that they each had a buddy to make the transition easier on each of them!
Here's the Ladybug, "C" & "H" and their teacher Mrs. C. Don't they all look happy? (well, maybe not H so much)
Alli and C again, Alli really like the stethoscope, could a medical degree be in her future?
The Ladybug and C again....they are so so cute together!
And here's the Ladybug and C reading....
All in all it was a great first day! She got a smiley face on her behavior calendar! We got a lot of information that I need to sort through and lots of things to sign up for. One of the joys of a private school is that if it gets done there then the parents do it. You have to jump right in with both feet, but this is just right up my alley! I love being involved in things, I even signed up to be a room mother. Go me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a cutie! I'm glad that she's enjoying pre-school. Oh, what I'd give to return to those days! No problems to worry about.

8/08/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See!! she did awesome! and most importantly, she loved it!!!!! She looks so stinkin' cute!! Dr Ladybug, I can totally see it!!!!!

8/08/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

i am so dang proud for her that she had such a great time....she is the cutest....i just want to aqueeze her until she poots..!! bwhahaha

8/08/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

OMG I want to squeeze those cheeks! Too cute!

8/08/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Aaw! Those pictures of her and her friend are ADORABLE! That is so cute!!!

So glad she loves it! At that age you never know which they're gonna go and if they don't like it, it makes it very tough.

I still can't over that school has started down there already!

8/08/2006 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home