Monday, August 07, 2006

Mommy's Big Girl

Today the Ladybug officially started preschool. Yeah, she's gone to daycare since she was 8 weeks old, but today I took her to the school where she will eventually graduate from high school. She of course, was FINE. I on the other hand, was a complete basket case. I kept it together for her, but I had to have a moment before driving off to work. How can my precious baby girl actually be big enough to be going to big school? I'm thrilled that we decided to go ahead and let her start 3K here and that some of the kids in her class will be with her in 20 years when they graduate from high school, but OMG...my baby is at school. I am counting the minutes (it's 162 minutes, just in case you were wondering) until it is time to leave here and pick her up, I am so excited to hear about her first day....
What about ya'll? Did you have the same feelings when you took your kids to school that first day? I know that all of this is perfectly normal, but hey, what can I say, I need the reassurance!
(160 minutes! Yippie!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i did with every single one of them....it's sad for us but they are in heaven! I can't wait to see the pics and see how she looked on her first day!!!HUGS MA MA!!

8/07/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

OMG!! I do not want to even THINK about my baby boy going to SCHOOL yet!!!

I can understand how you are feeling cause I know I'll be the same way!

...but SCHOOL already??? it's only August 7th!!! School doesn't start up here until Sept 5th!

8/07/2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home