Monday, August 14, 2006

Grammy Update

It will not be long now until my grandmother passes away. We went over there yesterday and it kills me to see her this way. She is so helpless and dependant on others and that is not the way she ever lived. She is the most fiercly independent woman I know. It pains me to see her have to rely on someone to help her do everything. She spends most of her time in her bed, and hospice is coming today to deliver her hospital bed. It really won't be long, and I have, after sitting with her yesterday accepted that fact. She told me she loved me and that she was ready to go be with her family in heaven. My selfishness is gone. I don't want to see her this way anymore. I do hope that she will hang on long enough to see her other daughter (who lives in Missouri and will be here on Friday). I've come to peace with her passing. It doesn't make it any easier and it doesn't make me any less sad, but after seeing her yesterday I know that she is ready. Please remember to keep my family in your prayers. I'll update you all again soon.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend.....ours was rather uneventful. Have a great Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh honey I'm so sorry. I really am. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I was there right now with you to hug you and give you a shoulder to cry on if you need it. I'm always here for you.

8/14/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

oh I am SO sorry...that must've been so hard!!
I will be thinking of you...hang in there.

*HUGS*

8/14/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Lots of prayers for you and your family, hun. *big hug*

8/14/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I know this is really hard on you and your family but think of what a blessing it is that you can say your goodbyes to each other.

{{{hugs}}}

8/14/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

so sorry to hear about grammy...thinking and praying for ya'll

8/14/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

girl, are you getting my emails??

8/14/2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home