Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I.AM.EXCITED!

And this is why..........



Those are pictures of the Alabama Crimson Tide taking the field for fall practice. WOW! Football season begins in 19 days. In Alabama, you are either an Auburn fan or you are an Alabama Fan. Obviously, I am an Alabama fan. I am however, married to an Auburn fan, which is a HUGE thing in Alabama. We have rules though. For starters, we NEVER watch the Alabama / Auburn game together. EVER. We might kill each other. Secondly, the winner is allowed only one smart ass comment after the game. Then we put it behind us. (well, given that Auburn, eww, has one the last 4 times in a row, it is not completely behind me, because well Bama better kick some ass this year.)
Alabama football is in my blood. I was raised an Alabama fan. And since my poor father had no boys to install his love of Alabama Football on, my sister and I got this instead. Not only do I love it, but I know it. I follow them year round. Scouting, recruiting, spring practice, fall practice, season, polls, National Championships....I KNOW Alabama Football.
I love football. I love fall. There is something about this time of year that just makes me excited. I do wish that it would cool off a bit, it's hard to be excited about all the awesome fall stuff when it is still 95 outside, but I'm getting there. 19 days until kickoff time with Hawaii.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

*oh and Alabama's Head coach is pretty good looking too......


6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhh, he is cute, blue eyes with dark hair!!

Go Bama!

8/15/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

~ahem~ Excuse me, but my Ohio State is gonna win the National this year.

And no Maurice Clarett jokes either!

8/15/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger chesneygirl said...

Big Michigan State fan here.

My dad has always been a HUGE UofMich fan and my mom was always an MSU fan. It was not a good day in our house when they played each other.
Growing up my little brother swore he was going to graduate from UofM. Um Yeah, he graduated from MSU. Now, he is the biggest MSU fan I know!
I tend to cheer for them as well as my husband and his family are also big MSU fans.

btw, to Christina up there...National WHAT??? Losers is about the only thing their capable of. You don't get very far when you recruit players like Clarett!

8/15/2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Greta Adams said...

LSU baby!!

8/15/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I am so very excited about football season. (please don't hit me) Hook 'em!! :)

8/15/2006 11:14 PM  
Blogger Bart said...

Roll Tide Roll!

I'll be at the first game against Hawaii... can't wait!

I know about the "house divided" thing... my son goes to Auburn... where did I go wrong?

8/17/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home